Diversity at Wild Harbour Fish Company is expressed through management’s commitment to equality and the treatment of all individuals with respect.
Wild Harbour Fish Company is committed to developing a rich culture, a diverse workforce and a healthy work environment in which every employee is treated fairly is respected and has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company while having the opportunity to achieve their full potential as individuals.
Diversity at Wild Harbour Fish Company refers to all the characteristics that make individuals different from each other. It includes characteristics or factors such as religion, race, ethnic origin, language, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other potential factor of difference. Wild Harbour Fish Company understands that the wide range of experiences and perspectives resulting from such diversity promotes innovation and business success. Diversity management makes us creative, productive, responsive, competitive and creates value for our shareholders.
This policy applies to all current employees of Wild Harbour Fish Company, including full-time and part-time contractual, permanent and temporary employees, and also applies to job applicants.
Commitment from Wild Harbour Fish Company
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, no matter whether they are part-time or full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly with respect. When Wild Harbour Fish Company selects candidates for employment, promotion, training or any other benefits, it will be based on their aptitude and ability.
We are opposed to any form of illegal and unfair discrimination. All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect.
When Wild Harbour Fish Company will select candidates for employment, promotion, training or any other benefits, it will be based on their skills, abilities and merit.
Wild Harbour Fish Company is committed to:
- Create an environment in which the individual difference and contributions of all team members are recognized and valued.
- Create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- Attract and retain a skilled and diverse workforce that best represents the talent available in the comminutes in which our assets are located and our employees reside.
- Ensure appropriate selection criteria based on diverse skills, experience and perspectives are used when hiring new staff, including board members. Job specifications, advertisements, application forms and contacts will not contain any direct or inferred discrimination.
- Ensure that applications and employees of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for and have a fair opportunity to be considered for all available roles.
- Provide, to the greatest extent possible, universal access to safe, inclusive and accessible premises that allow everyone to participate and work to their full potential.
- Comply with equal opportunity and anti-discrimination legislation.
- Not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, victimization, vilification or harassment and to take disciplinary action against those who violet this policy.
- Provide training, development and advancement opportunities for all staff based on merit.
- Ensure each gender represents at least 50% of the management team.
- Encourage anyone who feels they have been discriminated, to express their concerns so that we can take corrective action.
- Encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is always maintained.
- Ensure to the greatest extent possible that all panels that Wild Harbour Fish Company organizes or participates on include representation of each gender.
- Set measurable objects for gender diversity, which will be monitored and reviewed against the effectiveness of this policy and associated procedures.
- Monitor and report annually on diversity and inclusion performance commitments.
Wild Harbour Fish Company will inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace.
Wild Harbour Fish Company’s equality and diversity policy are fully supported by senior management and its board of directors. Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure equality and diversity are continually promoted in the workplace.
- All employees of Wild Harbour Fish Company have a responsibility to always treat others with dignity and respect.
- All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the worksite, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events.
- All employees are also required to attend and complete annual diversity awareness in-house training to enhance their knowledge to fulfil this responsibility.
- Managers are responsible for understating their role in promoting diversity, communicating and implementing policies and procedures effectively, and working with staff to integrate the values of diversity into employment practices.
- Build a workforce that is provided with opportunities to develop skills and experience for career advancement, learning and development.
- Executive management will lead and approve policy review, revisions as appropriate and monitoring of data collected.
Compliance, Training, Review and Breach
- All directors, officers and employees are responsible for complying with the company’s diversity policy and for reporting violations or alleged violations in accordance with that policy.
- Managers and staff will receive the resources, training and support necessary to implement this policy.
- This policy will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to reflect changing legislation, demographics and organizational priorities.
- Any breach of this diversity of policy must be reported directly to the management team. Anyone who contravenes this diversity of policy may be subject to disciplinary action, including dismissal.