Environmental Policy 2021
Wild Harbour Fish Company strives to be a leader in environmental sustainability and believes that a successful future for our business and the customers we service depends on the sustainability of the environment, communities and economies in which we operate. As a responsible corporate citizen, we bear a responsibility to consider the impact of our actions and how they affect the environment both directly in terms of our own operations, and indirectly through our purchasing decisions, the products and services we offer to our customers and the business opportunities we pursue. We are committed to minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment and to demonstrating leadership by integrating environmental considerations into all our business practices.
The requirements of this policy apply to all entitles and employees of Wild Harbour Fish Company
Although this policy applies to all entitles and employees, the primary audience for this policy is those responsible for its implementation, namely the business line leaders and local management of each entity of the company.
- Commitment from Wild Harbour Fish Company
We want our products, services and production to be part of a sustainable society. We are committed to.
Protect the Environment:
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will protect the environment, including preventing pollution through responsible management of our operations.
- Continually support Carbon Neutrality and explore Net Zero (Please read Carbon Neutral Policy)
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of our fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- We will give appropriate weight to this environmental policy when making future and investment decisions.
- We will design products to reduce their adverse environmental impact in product, use and disposal.
- We will reduce resource consumption, waste and pollution in our operations.
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will comply with, or exceed, our environmental obligations, including taking proactive approach regarding environmental legislation that affects our business.
Objectives and Targets
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will set targets and objectives, within the scope of the environmental management system, to achieve continual improvement and sustainable development.
- Will establish and periodically review and report progress on objectives and target in the pursuit of continual improvement in our environmental management system for the purpose of enhancing our environmental performance and ongoing prevention of pollution.
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will minimize the environmental impact of our own operations through best practice management of our use of energy, transportation, material consumption, water use, waste and emissions.
- Will encourage suppliers, sub-contractors, retailers and recyclers of our product to adopt the same environmental principles as Wild Harbour Fish Company.
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will consider the environmental performance of our supplies and the environmental attributes of products and services in our purchasing decisions.
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will ensure adherence to our established environmental management processes through periodic internal and external audits.
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will raise employee awareness and support employee creativity and enthusiasm with respect to implementing our environmental policies, guidance, programs and initiatives.
- Will continually promote environmental awareness, responsibility and best practices, supporting the environmental sustainability culture of our company through education and in house initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint.
- Wild Harbour Fish Company will report transparently on our internal environmental performance through our company website, wildharbour.co.uk.